You have chosen a cake design chosen flavours and ordered your cake, but have you though about how it will be presented?
Your cake was likely expensive, possibly the biggest most important cake you will ever buy, show it off somewhere worthy !
When you view your venue and make plans, ask where the cake table is going
- A cake shouldn’t be in direct sunlight / in front of heating, it will melt. Your cake needs to be kept at room temperature without sunlight or heat on it, or all that hard work will get damaged
- The cake table, (seems silly for me to mention), but is it a sturdy table? It needs to be at least stable, and flat.
- Will the table have a cloth, maybe not a lot of venues have the most stunning bare tables.
- Look behind the table, are your cake cutting photos going to look good? Is there any radiators/ emergency exit signs / doors /damage wallpaper. All of these will show up in photos.
Lovely now we have a table, perfect.
Are you going to just have the cake on, if so, that’s totally fine, if it’s a little table your cake will likely take up all the space, or maybe your going minimalistic, perfect jobs a goodun! But what about your other tables are they dressed? Have a runner or candles or flowers? Why not carry the theme through and have your cake table dressed similarly.
Cake stands or no?
Ask the venue if you can see their cake stand, will it match your cake and overall decor?
Yes perfect that’s done
No? OK, so do you want a cake stand? It depends, personally I always think a cake looks better on a stand, it lifts it up, it shows it off. So I’m going to say yes you need a stand
But what kind of stand?
- Mosser glass stands are my favourite, tall elegant and just make your cake a whole 9″ taller, perfect , they come in a few different sizes and colours. They are expensive but you can hire them out personally I have glar glass and they look lovely and go with every cake design I have ever made.
- A log slice? Lush, if your having a rustic wedding perfect, grap a log, just make sure it’s flay or you will have a winky cake that will either spend the day looking drunk, or it will fall over
- Short pedistal stand, lovely, raises it up, but not too tall, perfect.
- Wooden crate, lush, just make sure it can carry the total weight of your cake, gorgeous.
cake stands available to hire
12” Mosser Glass clear £25 hire charge & £100 deposit
10” Mosser glass clear £25 hire charge & £80 deposit
6” Mosser glass clear £15 stand hire & £50 deposit
oak and gold hoop stand £40 stand hire & £100 deposit
log slices £10 hire and £20 deposit
we also have a few plates for a dessert table set up
Hire charge is for 4 days hire , and for you to return the stand to me during my working hours, the deposit is refunded once the cake stand comes back without any damage and on time . please see terms and conditions below. We can arrange for us to collect the cake stand after your wedding, there is a charge for this depending on the venue.
Terms & Conditions For Display Item Hire
All display item hire from The Cake Place will be subject to the following terms and conditions. Nothing contained within these terms and conditions affects your statutory rights as a consumer. If there is anything you don’t understand please feel free to contact us.
- Display Item Hire
- We have a range of cake stands, platters. The cost of this can be discussed during the booking process or a consultation.
- Any hire is subject to a refundable damage deposit. This varies depending on the cost of the item/s being hired.
- All hire charges and deposits are payable in advance 30 days before the event date and will be detailed on your booking form.
- Hired items must be returned to us within 4 days of the event date unless previously agreed. If items are not returned within 4 days then a late return fee of £5 per day per item will be charged.
- If items are not returned within 7 days, then the entire hire deposit will be forfeited.
- If a late return has been previously agreed in writing then no charges will be made as long as the items are returned by the specified date.
- We do not collect hired items ourselves unless this has been previously agreed. A fee will be charged if we are required to collect hired items ourselves. This will vary dependent on distance to the venue but would usually be equal to the delivery charge for your wedding cake.
- If items are returned damaged, then the damage deposit will be forfeited. If the item can be repaired e.g. by obtaining a new part, then only the cost of this part plus an admin fee of £10 will be charged. If the item is damaged beyond repair or is lost then the entire damage deposit will be kept in order to replace the item.
- Please notify us as soon as you can if damage, breakage or loss has occurred so we can assess the situation and advise of the best resolution.
- if we are collecting the cake stand from the venue , we will arrange collection , if the venue damages or loses the stand , your deposit will be non refundable & will need to be delt with between you and the venue.
- Publication and Promotional Rights
- A lot of our cake stands come from companies that we work with. Our cakes are often shared on their social media channels, Pinterest, website etc. We reserve the right to share any image of a customer’s cake with these companies for publication after the delivery date unless previously agreed in writing between the customer and the company.
- Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable in the event of cancellation.
- Cancellations with less than 30 days notice are subject to full payment. If this has not already been paid then the final balance will be immediately payable upon cancellation.
We reserve the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions. However, you will only subject to the terms and conditions in force at the time you place your order with us. If you change your wedding date for any reason, you will be sent the most up to date terms and conditions with your new booking form and these will supersede any previously sent to you
By paying your booking fee, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions so please read them carefully.